DNA is a company that specializes in the organization and production of pregnancy & maternity conferences. Each year it runs approximately 50 nationwide conferences for its audience, giving them information about such subjects as breastfeeding, safety, maternity and more, as well as special deals and promotions.
Until now the registration process was conducted online, while telephone representatives followed up with those who signed up. In addition the verification of her contact information, the customer recieved offers for various maternity products and benefits.
The problem with this process was that the registration, which was done through the landing page, was not synchronized with the CRM system, thus manual modifications and file uploading were required. Moreover, the promotional benefits offered to the customers were done over the phone through the call center. Finally, the process lacked an organized procedure of reminders and RSVPs.
The time that elapsed from the moment of registration to the telephone call from the representative “cooled” the customer and made the sale of the benefit extremely difficult.
Another issue faced by DNA was the customers’ check in process during the conference. Since the check in process was done in person, customers had to wait in line, something that uncomfortable and at times chaotic.
This is why DNA seeked an automatic solution that would shorten the above detailed process.
The creation of an automatic process through Smoove’s automation system with an integration to Salesforce.
The Smoove Process:
The process encopasses two stages:
- Conference registration – The automatic process was initiated by the registration through the landing page, which was promoted on social networks, along with the location, date, time and schedule of the upcoming conference.
Those who registered received an automatic mail a week before the conference, with a friendly reminder along with the conference’s schedule.
The day before the conference the customer received another text message with a reminder and schedule, as well as an encouragement to attend. Each such message included a link to WAZE with the address of the venue.
During the day of the event, registered customers received a text that instructed them to reply with the word “conference” in order to receive a digital ticket straight to their smartphones. At the entrance to the conference a large sign was placed with instructions to those who have yet to register, instructing them to text the word “conference” to a virtual number. A customer who had not registered in advance recieved a short registration form followed by a digital ticket
The day after the conference each customer received a text message with a link to a short feedback survey.
- The Deal purchase process:
Following the registration through the landing page the customer received a text message and an email with the offered promotions.
As you can see above, the email gives two options: purchase through a representative or make an independent online purchase.
A customer that had chosen the first option (sales representative) then received a confirmation text. Her contact information was automatically submitted to the company’s salesforce team, thanks to Smoove’s new application – Zapier. This app allows for the integration of more than 500 various systems and applications such as Google, Facebook, V.I. Plus and the list is long. Zapier can be added to any process.
What happened when a customer abandoned the benefit purchase process?
In DNA’s case such customer’s contact information was automatically transferred to Salesforce and a sales representative contacted her within a few hours. Such lead is more focused with a higher level of readiness to make a purchase.
After 48 hours the contact information of customers, who had not purchase the Similac kit or given their details to a representative, or initiated a purchase, was automatically submitted to the CRM in order for the call center to initiate a telephone call with them.
A customer, who had made an online purchase received a confirmation text message with the delivery information.
- Higher sale rates of the benefit package – the sales representatives got leads of clients with a higher level of “readiness”.
- Customers who abandoned their cart
- Customers who left their contact information for a sales representative.
- Customers who merely signed up for the conference.
- Manpower savings – Other than the sales representatives who contacted the above customers, the entire process was done automatically through only few clicks.
- A better customer service experience – The customers were offered various purchase options throughout the process, reminders and direction, and on the day of the conference were not required to wait in line.
- Time savings – The system operates automatically throughout the day so it can register several customers simultaneously and independently from the hours of operation of the call center.
- Better systems synchronization – in the case of DNA the added value was the option to update the customer’s contact information in two independent systems at the same time, thanks to the implementation of Zapier.
What tasks would you like to transfer to the automatic route?